- Southern Methodist University Dedman School, Dallas, Texas, J.D., May 2009
- Texas A&M University College Station, Texas, B.A., English, December 1999
- Human Rights Initiative of North Texas Outstanding Pro Bono Associate, 2014
- Order of the Coif
- SMU Law Review Association
- SMU Hatton W. Sumners Scholar
Diana Cochrane’s practice focuses on commercial litigation, and insurance coverage and bad faith.
Prior to joining the firm, Diana was an insurance litigation associate at an international firm in Dallas, Texas, and had previously worked as an associate at a renowned commercial litigation boutique. Diana received her Bachelor of Arts in English from Texas A&M University and her Juris Doctor from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law. While at SMU Law, Diana was a Hatton W. Sumners Scholar, an Articles Editor for the SMU Law Review Association, and was elected to the Order of the Coif. Before law school, Diana was a middle school English teacher. Diana is admitted to practice in Texas and Louisiana.
- Federal court representation in complex environmental insurance coverage and subrogation litigation for international insurer. Analysis of sophisticated issues, including complex coverage issues, choice of law, priority of coverage, and contractual indemnity.
- Texas state court representation in commercial litigation, including claims for breach of contract, theft of trade secrets, tortious interference with contracts, fraudulent transfer, and limitations.
- Pro bono representation of refugees and unaccompanied immigrant children fleeing gang violence and recruitment in Honduras and Guatemala.
- “Contractual Waiver of the Right to Remove to Federal Court: How Policy Judgments Guide Contract Interpretation,” The Review of Litigation, University of Texas School of Law (Winter 2010).
- Como se dice, <Necesito a un interprete>? The Civil Litigant’s Right to a Court-Appointed Interpreter in Texas, The Scholar: St. Mary’s Law on Minority Issues (Fall 2009).
- "Post Trial 101 - You Won! (or didn't..) Now What?" New Orleans Bar Association Procrastinators' Program (December 21, 2016)
- Gardere Wynne Sewell, LLP, Dallas, Texas
- Gruber Hurst Johansen Hail Shank, LLP, Dallas, Texas
- Carrington Coleman Sloman & Blumenthal, LLP, Dallas, Texas