Chambers USA Ranks Barrasso Usdin as Top Tier for Commercial Litigation
The firm has been named by Chambers USA as top tier among commercial litigation firms in Louisiana. The Firm has earned this distinction every year since 2004. In the 2016 edition, Chambers USA described the firm as: “Dominant litigation boutique that fields an elite team able to handle a broad range of disputes, including insurance, product liability and securities cases. Also offers significant financial regulatory expertise, including defending against enforcement proceedings.”
For the firm's strengths, Chambers USA included the following quotes, mainly from clients:
- "Excellent - one of the best defense firms, period. High-value, effective representation that always seeks out client's objectives."
- "They were extremely thorough and forward-thinking, and looked at the case from a number of different angles. They were extremely good and very diligent."
In addition to the Firm’s ranking, all five named partners are ranked as top litigators in the state.
Practice Area where firm was ranked in Band 1 of leading firms in Louisiana:
Attorneys ranked as leading lawyers in Louisiana:
- Judy Barrasso – Litigation: General Commercial
- George C. Freeman, III – Securities Litigation
- Stephen H. Kupperman – General Commercial Litigation
- Richard E. Sarver – General Commercial Litigation
- Steven W. Usdin – General Commercial Litigation
Chambers USA produces an annual guide ranking leading law firms and lawyers across a wide range of practice areas. According to its website, Chambers selects attorneys based on thousands of interviews and in-depth research and evaluations focusing on qualities generally desired in attorneys and law firms, including technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, and commitment. Click here to be redirected to the Chambers USA rankings.
About Barrasso Usdin Kupperman Freeman & Sarver, L.L.C.
Barrasso Usdin Kupperman Freeman & Sarver, L.L.C. is a litigation law firm located in New Orleans, Louisiana. The Firm has experience litigating complex civil cases throughout the country, including all types of commercial disputes, class actions, environmental cases, product liability and toxic tort cases, intellectual property cases, insurance bad faith and coverage cases, and securities arbitrations, litigation, and regulatory matters.