- Law Clerk to the Honorable Jacques L. Wiener, Jr., United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2004
University of Virginia, M.A., 2000
Tulane University, B.A., Cum Laude, 1998
Best Lawyers, since 2017
AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated in Martindale-Hubbell
Benchmark Litigation, Under 40 Hot List, 2016
Benchmark Litigation, Future Star, 2015-2020
Louisiana Super Lawyers, since 2017, Rising Star 2014-2015
New Orleans CityBusiness,
Leadership in Law Award, 2014
Order of the Coif
Virginia Journal of International Law, University of Virginia
Dillard Fellow, University of Virginia
Andrea Mahady Price regularly represents manufacturers in products liability and toxic tort lawsuits, insurers in coverage and bad faith disputes, and oil and gas companies in environmental matters. Andrea has experience representing clients in trial and appellate matters, as well as in complex multi-district litigation.
Andrea has been recognized by Best Lawyers for Commercial Litigation and Louisiana Super Lawyers for Class Action/Mass Torts. She has also been recognized as a “Future Star” by Benchmark Litigation.
- Defense of hip implant manufacturer in multi-district litigation and in Illinois state consolidated proceedings, including defense verdict following five week jury trial.
- Defense of hip implant manufacturer in multi-district litigation, including complete defense verdict after eight week jury trial.
- Defended major oil company against United States in first-ever trial for civil penalties under the Oil Pollution Act amendments to the Clean Water Act, where the court awarded the U.S. less than 3% of $247 million in penalties sought.
- Prevailed at arbitration hearing on novel contract issue arising out of drilling moratorium in the Gulf of Mexico on behalf of major oil company client.
- Defense of hydrogen fuel manufacturer in products liability suit involving hydrogen fuel cell explosion in Louisiana.
- Successful defense of consortium of welding manufacturers in multi-district litigation and state court proceedings resulting in complete defense verdicts in jury trials, including a four-plaintiff case jury trial in Civil District Court for Orleans Parish, and a multi-plaintiff jury trial in federal court in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Defense of motion picture and television production companies in tort and contract actions across Louisiana
- Defense of registered representative challenging a disciplinary sanction imposed by FINRA and affirmed by the SEC, resulting in decision by United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit to reverse and vacate SEC’s decision.
- Defended insurers in class actions and coverage disputes arising out of Hurricane Katrina.
- Defense counsel for major insurers in bad faith, compliance, coverage, and property cases throughout Louisiana.
- Defense counsel for construction and business tort claims.
Andrea is on the Board of Directors of the Federal Bar Association's New Orleans Chapter, and previously served on the Board of Directors for the Younger Lawyers Division. Andrea is a member of the New Orleans Chapter of the Association for Women Attorneys, and previously served on the Board of Directors and as President. Andrea is President of the Newcomb College Alumnae Association and has served on that organization’s Board of Directors since 2012. She also serves as a member of the Newcomb Dean’s Advisory Council, the Tulane Presidential Council, and the Tulane Alumni Association Board of Directors.
- October 8, 2019
- August 15, 2019
- March 1, 2019
- December 28, 2018
- December 19, 2018
- October 1, 2018
- August 15, 2018
- December 27, 2017
- September 29, 2017
- August 17, 2017
- January 6, 2017
- August 15, 2016
- August 8, 2016
- November 5, 2015
- February 2, 2015
- December 29, 2014
- December 19, 2014
- January 16, 2014
- January 2, 2014
- "Treating Physicians and Causation: How Far Can They Go?" ABA Mass Torts Journal (Fall 2016)
- “Hybrid Witnesses and Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 26,” ABA Mass Torts Journal, (Fall 2012) (co-author with Kristin L. Beckman)
"Calculating Economic Benefit Under the Oil Pollution Act Amendments to the Clean Water Act," In-House Defense Quarterly (Fall 2011) (co-author with Craig Isenberg and Adam Swensek)
- “Making Your Case with an Expert: How to Choose and Prepare Experts Effectively,” ABA Trial Techniques Committee Newsletter (Spring 2011)
- “Expert Cross Examination Preparation for New Lawyers: Before and During Trial,” Verdict, The Journal of the ABA Trial Practice Committee (2009)
- "Federal Practice Series: Appeals and Interlocutory Relief," New Orleans Chapter of the Federal Bar Association (April 9, 2019)
- "Maintaining Professionalism in High-Stakes Litigation: How to Zealously Represent Your Client Without Risking Your Reputation," New Orleans Bar Association Procrastinators' Program (December 20, 2018)
- "Ethics and Professionalism in Depositions," New Orleans Chapter of the Federal Bar Association (December 5, 2018)
- "Legislative and Case Law Update” and “Getting the Most Out of Expert Witnesses,” National Business Institute’s Seminar on Advanced Issues in Personal Injury Litigation (June 2015)
- “How will the ACA Reduce Damage Awards?" National Business Institute's Affordable Care Act Seminar (December 2014)
- “Under Payment of Claims: Staying on the Good Side of Bad Faith,” National Business Institute's Seminar on Lessons Learned from Key Bad Faith Court Rulings (June 2012)