- Law Clerk to the Honorable Jacques L. Wiener, Jr., United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2004
University of Virginia, M.A., 2000
Tulane University, B.A., Cum Laude, 1998
Best Lawyers, 2017 edition
AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated in Martindale-Hubbell
Benchmark Litigation, Under 40 Hot List, 2016
Louisiana Super Lawyers, 2017-2018, Rising Star 2014-2015
New Orleans CityBusiness,
Leadership in Law Award, 2014
Order of the Coif
Virginia Journal of International Law, University of Virginia
Dillard Fellow, University of Virginia
Andrea Price has devoted a substantial portion of her practice to trial work for complex litigation and mass tort cases, both in federal multidistrict litigation and in parallel, consolidated state court proceedings across the country. Most recently, she has been involved in an ongoing series of trials involving metal-on-metal hip implants in Illinois, Maryland, and Texas. Before entering private practice, Andrea served as a Law Clerk to Judge Jacques L. Wiener, Jr. of the United States Fifth Circuit. Andrea has published on the effective use of experts at trial, and on tactics for expert cross examination.
Andrea has been recognized as a leading lawyer in the state by Louisiana Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers, and as a Future Star by Benchmark Litigation. She also was named to Benchmark Litigation’s inaugural Under 40 Hot List for 2016.
- Defense of hip implant manufacturer in multi-district litigation and in Illinois state consolidated proceedings, including defense verdict following five week jury trial.
- Defense of hip implant manufacturer in multi-district litigation, including complete defense verdict after eight week jury trial.
- Defended major oil company against United States in first-ever trial for civil penalties under the Oil Pollution Act amendments to the Clean Water Act, where the court awarded the U.S. less than 3% of $247 million in penalties sought.
- Prevailed at arbitration hearing on novel contract issue arising out of drilling moratorium in the Gulf of Mexico on behalf of major oil company client.
- Successful defense of consortium of welding manufacturers in multi-district litigation and state court proceedings resulting in complete defense verdicts in jury trials, including a four-plaintiff case jury trial in Civil District Court for Orleans Parish, and a multi-plaintiff jury trial in federal court in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Defense of registered representative challenging a disciplinary sanction imposed by FINRA and affirmed by the SEC, resulting in decision by United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit to reverse and vacate SEC’s decision.
- Defended insurers in class actions and coverage disputes arising out of Hurricane Katrina.
- Defense counsel for major insurers in bad faith, compliance, coverage, and property cases throughout Louisiana.
- Defense counsel for construction and business tort claims.
Andrea is on the Board of Directions of the Federal Bar Association in New Orleans, and previously served on the Board of Directions for the Younger Lawyers Division. Andrea is a member of the New Orleans Chapter of the Association for Women Attorneys, and previously served on the Board of Directors and as President. Andrea is President-Elect of the Newcomb College Alumnae Association.
- December 27, 2017
- September 29, 2017
- August 17, 2017
- January 6, 2017
- August 15, 2016
- August 8, 2016
- November 5, 2015
- February 2, 2015
- January 12, 2015
- December 29, 2014
- December 19, 2014
- January 16, 2014
- January 2, 2014
- April 19, 2013
- “Hybrid Witnesses and Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 26,” ABA Mass Torts Journal, (Fall 2012) (co-author with Kristin L. Beckman)
- “Making Your Case with an Expert: How to Choose and Prepare Experts Effectively,” ABA Trial Techniques Committee Newsletter (Spring 2011)
- “Expert Cross Examination Preparation for New Lawyers: Before and During Trial,” Verdict, The Journal of the ABA Trial Practice Committee (2009)
- "Legislative and Case Law Update” and “Getting the Most Out of Expert Witnesses,” National Business Institute’s Seminar on Advanced Issues in Personal Injury Litigation (June 2015)
- “How will the ACA Reduce Damage Awards?," National Business Institute's Affordable Care Act Seminar (December 2014)
- “Under Payment of Claims: Staying on the Good Side of Bad Faith,” National Business Institute's Seminar on Lessons Learned from Key Bad Faith Court Rulings (June 2012)