Tulane University Law School, J.D., Summa Cum Laude, 2012
Harvard University, B.A., with honors, 2002
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2016, 2017, and 2018)
- Litigation Counsel of America, Associate Fellow (2017)
- New Orleans Magazine, Top Lawyers - Antitrust (November 2016)
- Order of the Coif
- Tulane Law Review, Articles Editor
Charles-Theodore Zerner’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation. He has experience representing clients in a range of high-stakes commercial matters including contractual disputes, antitrust and unfair competition, the False Claims Act, RICO, trade secrets misappropriation, officer liability and fiduciary duty claims, business torts, secured transactions, securities disputes, as well as insurance coverage and bad faith. His clients work in diverse industries, with many in the energy, financial, or health care sectors. Charles has represented clients in matters in state and federal courts, at the trial and appellate level, in arbitrations, as well as in regulatory matters involving the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement, and U.S. Department of Justice.
Charles was voted one of the Top Attorneys for antitrust in New Orleans Magazine in 2016, and has been recognized by Louisiana Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in the area of business litigation in 2016, 2017, and 2018.
Charles earned his Bachelor of Arts with honors from Harvard University and his Juris Doctor summa cum laude from Tulane University Law School. While in law school, Charles interned with the Commercial Litigation Branch of the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Division in Washington, D.C. He also served as an intern for the Honorable James L. Dennis, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. Prior to joining the firm, Charles was an associate at Flanagan Partners, LLP, in New Orleans, LA.
A Boston native, Charles grew up bilingual (English/French) in the United States and France, and has dual citizenship. Before attending law school, Charles worked as a touring musician, singer and songwriter.
- The American Bar Association, Member
- The Federal Bar Association, New Orleans Chapter, Member
- The Louisiana Bar Association, Member
- The New Orleans Bar Association, Member
- The New Orleans Bar Association, Legalpalooza Committee Co-Chair
- The French-American Chamber of Commerce, Member
- "Finding Needles in the Haystack: E-Discovery Search Technologies and How to Use Them, Part I," American Bar Association, Business Torts and Unfair Competition Committee (March 29, 2018) (co-author with Andrew R. Lee)
"Finding Needles in the Haystack: E-Discovery Search Technologies and How to Use Them, Part II," American Bar Association, Business Torts and Unfair Competition Committee, Practice Points (March 29, 2018) (co-author with Andrew R. Lee)
"Relying on keyword search for e-discovery? It may harm your case: important pitfalls and how to escape them," New Orleans Bar Association (December 5, 2017)
- "Effective E-Discovery in Modern Commercial Litigation: An Introduction to Search Technologies and How To Use Them," New Orleans Bar Association, Procrastinator’s Program (December 27, 2017)
- "Finding Needles in the Haystack: E-Discovery Search Technologies and How to Use Them, Part II," New Orleans Bar Association (August 25, 2017) (co-presented with Andrew Lee)
- "Finding Needles in the Haystack: E-Discovery Search Technologies and How to Use Them, Part I," New Orleans Bar Association (August 4, 2017)
- Flanagan Partners, LLP, New Orleans, LA