Christine M. Calogero
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Stephen A. Higginson, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Eldon E. Fallon, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2013
- University Of Pennsylvania, B.A., Summa Cum Laude, 2010
- Benchmark Litigation, 40 & Under List, 2021, 2022
- Louisiana Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2022
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2021, 2022, 2023
- New Orleans CityBusiness,
Leadership in Law Award, 2020
- Washington Lawyers’ Committee, Outstanding Achievement Award, 2020
- New York
Christine M. Calogero is a member of the firm and serves as one of the firm’s hiring partners and head of the firm’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee. Her practice includes a wide range of complex civil litigation matters, including insurance coverage and bad faith, securities and financial industry litigation, commercial contract disputes, director and officer liability, and appellate litigation. Chrissy has represented clients across several states, from California to Florida, and her experience spans multiple state and federal courts, both trial and appellate, including the Louisiana Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States. Chrissy also maintains an active pro bono practice, focusing on criminal and immigration-related matters.
Chrissy was recognized by The Best Lawyers in America for her work in the field of insurance law and was named to Benchmark Litigation's "40 and Under Hot List." She was also presented with the “Leadership in Law Award” by New Orleans CityBusiness in 2020.
Before joining the firm, Chrissy served as a law clerk to the Honorable Stephen A. Higginson of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and as a law clerk to the Honorable Eldon E. Fallon of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana. Chrissy received her Juris Doctor from Harvard Law School and a Bachelor of Arts summa cum laude from University of Pennsylvania.
- Successfully representing client in commercial dispute involving the interpretation of a settlement agreement, securing multi-million-dollar summary judgment ruling in federal district court and successfully defending that judgment before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- Successfully represented national insurance trade associations as amicus curiae in United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit in lawsuit impacting insurance industry.
- Represented client in federal habeas appeal in both the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and the United States Supreme Court.
- Successfully represented broker-dealer in lawsuit alleging unfair trade practices, resulting in dismissal of claims, and successfully defended dismissal in the Louisiana Second Circuit Court of Appeal and the Louisiana Supreme Court.
- Successfully represented non-profit foundation against former directors and officers, preventing dismissal of cross-claim pending in New Orleans Civil District Court.
- Successfully prosecuted breach-of-contract counterclaims, receiving judgment for the full amount sought, on behalf of company in federal lawsuit involving complex commercial dispute.
- Successfully represented pro bono client with Parkinson’s Disease in connection with his application for compassionate release, seeking early release by federal judge.
- Successfully represented investment firm in connection with a whistleblower claim filed by former financial advisor, resulting in dismissal of all claims be Administrative Law Judge.
- Successfully defended broker-dealer in securities arbitration stemming from the Puerto Rico debt crisis.
- Representing directors of Fortune 500 Company in internal investigation and as defendants in numerous derivative lawsuits filed by shareholders.
- Advised directors of Fortune 500 Company on diversity & inclusion issues, stemming from shareholder derivative demand letter.
- Represented client in federal commercial dispute seeking amounts owed under a set of promissory notes and successfully defended against claims of insider trading, market manipulation, and unfair competition.
- Representing insurance company on coverage issues in connection with over thirty lawsuits, mostly class actions, filed against insured in the wake of Hurricane Ida.
- Representing Fortune 500 financial services firm in connection with numerous Louisiana-based litigation matters and providing legislative and regulatory advice.
- Member of trial team that defended major refining company defending against numerous personal injury, property damage, and business interruption claims arising out of oil spill.
- Represented broker-dealer in complex securities litigation in federal district court arising out of failed hedge funds with over $300 million in claims.
- Handled commercial litigation matter pending in federal court in California, resulting in favorable settlement for client.
Chrissy is active in the community, serving on the Board of Directors of the Federal Bar Association, New Orleans Chapter and on the Board of Directors of The Pro Bono Project. Chrissy has also served as a member of the Young Professionals Committee of the Innocence Project New Orleans for over five years. Chrissy also maintains an active pro bono practice, focusing on criminal and immigration-related matters, performing approximately 700 hours of pro bono work since 2019 and litigating in federal courts across the country, including the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and the United States Supreme Court.
- December 19, 2022
- October 17, 2022
- September 2, 2022
- August 25, 2022
- August 18, 2022
- July 28, 2022
- December 17, 2021
- August 19, 2021
- July 22, 2021
- January 12, 2021
- January 7, 2021
- August 20, 2020
- February 18, 2020
- June 5, 2019
- May 12, 2016