- Law Clerk to the Honorable Stephen A. Higginson, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Eldon E. Fallon, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2013
- University Of Pennsylvania, B.A., Summa Cum Laude, 2010
- Benchmark Litigation, 40 & Under Hot List, 2021
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2021, 2022
- New Orleans CityBusiness,
Leadership in Law Award, 2020
- Washington Lawyers’ Committee, Outstanding Achievement Award, 2020
- New York
Christine M. Calogero is a member of the firm and serves as one of the firm’s hiring partners and head of the firm’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee. Her practice includes a wide range of complex civil litigation matters, including insurance coverage and bad faith, securities and financial industry litigation, commercial contract disputes, director and officer liability, and appellate litigation. Chrissy has represented clients across several states, from California to Florida, and her experience spans multiple state and federal courts, both trial and appellate, including the Louisiana Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States. Chrissy also maintains an active pro bono practice, focusing on criminal and immigration-related matters.
Chrissy was recognized by The Best Lawyers in America for her work in the field of insurance law and was named to Benchmark Litigation's "40 and Under Hot List." She was also presented with the “Leadership in Law Award” by New Orleans CityBusiness in 2020.
Before joining the firm, Chrissy served as a law clerk to the Honorable Stephen A. Higginson of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and as a law clerk to the Honorable Eldon E. Fallon of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana. Chrissy received her Juris Doctor from Harvard Law School and a Bachelor of Arts summa cum laude from University of Pennsylvania.
- Represented client in federal habeas appeal and argued before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- Successfully represented broker-dealer in lawsuit alleging unfair trade practices, resulting in dismissal of claims, and successfully defended dismissal in the Louisiana Second Circuit Court of Appeal and the Louisiana Supreme Court.
- Represented client in federal commercial dispute seeking amounts owed under a set of promissory notes and successfully defended against claims of insider trading, market manipulation, and unfair competition.
- Successfully defended broker-dealer in securities arbitration stemming from the Puerto Rico debt crisis.
- Member of trial team that defended major refining company defending against numerous personal injury property damage, and business interruption claims arising out of oil spill.
- Represented broker-dealer in complex securities litigation in federal district court arising out of failed hedge funds with over $300 million in claims.
- Representing insurance company in coverage dispute in federal district court, arising out of employment liability claims brought by the EEOC on behalf of a group of individuals.
- Representing directors of Fortune 500 Company in internal investigation and derivative lawsuits.
- Representing investment firm in a whistleblower claim filed by former financial advisor.
Successfully prosecuted breach-of-contract counterclaims, receiving judgment for the full amount sought, on behalf of company in federal lawsuit involving complex commercial dispute.
- Successfully represented client in commercial dispute involving the interpretation of a settlement agreement, securing favorable summary judgment ruling in federal district court.
- Successfully represented pro bono client with Parkinson’s Disease in connection with his application for compassionate release, seeking early release by federal judge.
- Handled commercial litigation matter pending in federal court in California, resulting in favorable settlement for client.
Chrissy is active in the community, serving on the Board of Directors of the Federal Bar Association, New Orleans Chapter and on the Board of Directors of The Pro Bono Project. Chrissy has also served as a member of the Young Professionals Committee of the Innocence Project New Orleans for over five years.
- August 19, 2021
- July 22, 2021
- January 12, 2021
- January 7, 2021
- August 20, 2020
- February 18, 2020
- June 5, 2019
- May 12, 2016