- Law Clerk to the Honorable James L. Dennis, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., Summa Cum Laude, 1997
- Tulane University, B.A., 1990
- Chambers USA, Litigation: General Commercial, 2019
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated in Martindale-Hubbell
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Litigation Council of America, Fellow
- Best Lawyers
- Benchmark Litigation, Future Star
- Louisiana Super Lawyers, 2014 - 2015, 2017 - 2019
- Louisiana Super Lawyers, Top 25 Women in Louisiana, 2015
- New Orleans CityBusiness, Leadership in Law Award, 2010
- New Orleans CityBusiness, Women of the Year, Class of 2016
- New Orleans Magazine, Top Lawyers, 2017 and 2018
Celeste Coco-Ewing has defended several large manufacturers in multi-week trials in state and federal courts across the country. Her practice focuses on complex litigation, with a special emphasis on product liability and toxic tort cases. She has represented clients across a variety of industries, including medical device, pharmaceuticals, oil and gas, insurance, and consumer products. Her trial work contributed to 8 defense verdicts in jury trials in federal multidistrict litigation and state-court, consolidated proceedings.
Celeste has been recognized by Best Lawyers in the fields of Environmental Litigation and Mass Tort Litigation, by Louisiana Super Lawyers as one of the top 25 women lawyers in the State of Louisiana, by Law360 as a Legal Lion, by New Orleans Magazine as a Top Lawyer, and by Benchmark Litigation as a Future Star.
The Louisiana Supreme Court appointed Celeste to serve on the Committee on Bar Admissions, Character and Fitness Panel. She also serves as an adjunct professor of Trial Advocacy and of Civil Litigation “Boot Camp” at Tulane Law School.
- Trial counsel for medical device manufacturer in two federal multi-district litigations and a consolidated Illinois state-court proceeding. Obtained a defense verdict in Illinois state consolidated proceeding following five week jury trial. Selected as trial counsel for first bellwether case and related MDL. Obtained a defense verdict in first bellwether trial in second MDL following eight week jury trial.
- Successful defense of consortium of welding manufacturers in multi-district litigation and state court proceedings resulting in complete defense verdicts in five jury trials, including a four-plaintiff jury trial in Civil District Court for Orleans Parish and four jury trials in federal court in Cleveland and Akron, Ohio.
- Defense of excess insurer in bad faith litigation arising out of BP litigation.
- Defense of insurer in putative class-action, coverage litigation in Missouri state court resulting in plaintiffs’ dismissal of the action.
- Defense of foreign mutual insurer of energy assets in litigation over a salt dome fracture.
Celeste is a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America and a member of the International Association of Defense Counsel. Celeste dedicates time to pro bono matters, currently serving as President of the Board of Directors of Louisiana Appleseed, a non-profit that works to increase access to education, justice, and opportunity through changes at a systemic level.
She serves on the Board of the Newcomb College Alumnae Association and has served as Chair of the Board of Directors of KIDsmART, a non-profit organization dedicated to educating children through the arts. She has served on the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors of the New Orleans Federal Bar Association and as Editor-in-Chief of the Newsletter of Commercial & Business Litigation Committee of the American Bar Association. Celeste served as President & CEO of the Bureau of Governmental Research, an 80-year old, non-partisan, good government think tank in a brief leave from the firm in 2015.
- April 26, 2019
- December 28, 2018
- December 12, 2018
- November 14, 2018
- August 15, 2018
- December 27, 2017
- November 13, 2017
- September 20, 2017
- Richard E. Sarver and Celeste Coco-Ewing named as Law360 Legal Lions for win in first bellwether trialMay 5, 2017
- January 6, 2017
- August 18, 2016
- July 7, 2014
- Celeste Coco-Ewing featured on the cover of Briefly Speaking, the New Orleans Bar Association’s monthly magazineSeptember 8, 2011
- May 15, 2011
- May 13, 2010
“Coats v. Penrod Drilling Corporation,” 70 Tulane Law Review 785 (1995)
“Federal Jurisdiction: Will Abbott Laboratories Federalize Diversity Class Actions?, Commercial & Business Litigation Journal 15 (Winter 2000-2001) (co-author with Judy Barrasso)
- "Complex Litigation," New Orleans Bar Association Procrastinators' Program – Masters of the Courtroom (December 13, 2018)
- Stone Pigman Walther Wittmann, L.L.C.
- Legislative Staff, Senator John Breaux