Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, J.D., 2005
Boston College, B.A., 2002
Benchmark Litigation, 40 & Under Hot List, 2016-2018
New Orleans CityBusiness, Leadership in Law Award, 2016
Louisiana Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2014, 2015
LSBA Leadership Class, 2012-2013
Loyola Law Review, Member and Editor
Kristin L. Beckman is a member of the firm. Her practice focuses on complex litigation matters, including products liability, business torts, insurance coverage and bad faith, commercial contracts, and general commercial disputes. Kristin's insurance experience includes first party and third party disputes with litigation in both state and federal courts. Her insurance cases arise from claims for business interruption, property damage, and extra-contractual bad faith claims relating to bodily injury and property damage. Kristin's products liability experience includes defending claims against manufacturers, distributors, and pharmaceutical companies.
Kristin received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Boston College and a Juris Doctor degree from Loyola University School of Law. While at Loyola, she was a member of the Loyola Law Review and served on its Board of Editors.
Kristin has been recognized by Louisiana Super Lawyers as a Rising Star, and has been named to Benchmark Litigation’s 40 & Under Hot List for 2016, 2017, and 2018. She also is a recipient of New Orleans CityBusiness' "Leadership in Law Award” for 2016.
- Successful defense of commercial insurer vacating $1.4 million default verdict.
- Defense of hundreds of lawsuits brought by plaintiffs for wind and flood damage arising out of Hurricane Katrina.
- Successful defense of numerous uninsured and underinsured motorist and homeowner claims involving alleged violations of duty of good faith and fair dealing.
- Ongoing defense of brand and generic drug manufacturers in consolidated state court proceeding regarding drug pricing claims brought by State of Louisiana.
- Successful defense of consortium of welding manufacturers in multi-district litigation and state court proceedings resulting in complete defense verdicts in five jury trials, including a four-plaintiff jury trial in Civil District Court for Orleans Parish and four jury trials in federal court in Cleveland and Akron, Ohio.
- Defense of claims in generic pharmaceutical failure to warn claims.
Kristin currently is co-chair of the Experts and Evidence Subcommittee of the ABA Section of Litigation Mass Torts Committee and is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association's Continuing Legal Education Committee. She is a Fellow of the Louisiana Bar Foundation and previously served as a member of the 2012-2013 Louisiana State Bar Association’s Leadership Class. She also is active in the community, previously serving on the Board of the Association for Women Attorneys and on the Board of Directors of Dress for Success. She routinely provides pro bono representation to those in need.
- December 19, 2018
- Partner Kristin L. Beckman to Present at the National Business Institute’s Auto Injury Litigation SeminarDecember 3, 2018
- September 6, 2018
- July 2, 2018
- August 2, 2017
- October 26, 2016
- September 1, 2016
- August 8, 2016
- March 7, 2016
- Barrasso Team Competes in the New Orleans Bar & Grille Cooking Competition Benefiting Southeast Louisiana Legal ServicesMarch 30, 2015
- December 29, 2014
- March 8, 2014
- January 2, 2014
- March 19, 2013
- February 22, 2013
- January 10, 2013
Kristin has written several articles and serves as a regular contributor to the ABA Section of Litigation Mass Torts Committee’s Notes and Decisions and Sound Advice Pieces. Her published work includes:
- “Hybrid Witnesses and Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 26,” ABA Mass Torts Journal (Fall 2012) (co-author with Andrea Mahady Price)
- “Exhibit Management in Mass Tort Cases,” ABA Mass Torts Journal (Fall 2010)
- “Securing Testimony of Nonparty Witnesses at Trial,” 55 Louisiana Bar Journal 404 (2008)
- “Difficulty in Performing Contractual Obligations as a Result of Hurricane Katrina,” ABA Commercial and Business Litigation Journal (Spring 2007)
- “Banned from the Bar: Classification of the Temporary Alien in Louisiana,” 51 Loyola Law Review 139 (2005)
Kristin also has spoken at numerous seminars on a variety of litigation issues. Her presentations include:
- "Auto Insurance from A-Z," New Orleans Bar Association Procrastinators' Program (December 20, 2018)
- "Litigating the Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Claim," National Business Institute’s Auto Injury Litigation Seminar (December 6, 2018)
- "In-Depth Insurance Coverage Analysis," National Business Institute’s Auto Injury Litigation Seminar (December 6, 2018)
"Negotiating Bad Faith and Insurance Coverage Claims," National Business Institute’s Insurance Coverage and Litigation Boot Camp (October 23, 2018)
- "Proper Investigation and Documentation," National Business Institute's Seminar on Insurance Bad Faith "Set-Up" in Louisiana (October 25, 2016)
- "Ethics," National Business Institute's Seminar on Insurance Bad Faith "Set-Up" in Louisiana (October 25, 2016)
- "Walking a Tightrope: Representing Multiple Parties in Insurance Litigation," Louisiana State Bar Association's Insurance Brokers and Beyond Seminar (September 12, 2016)
- “Advanced Coverage Analysis,” National Business Institute’s Seminar on Advanced Issues in Personal Injury Litigation (June 2015)
- “Answering or Responding to a Petition," National Business Institute's Seminar on Applying the Rules of Civil Procedures in Louisiana (April 2015)
- “Discovery: Scheduling, Conducting and Paying," National Business Institute's Seminar on Applying the Rules of Civil Procedures in Louisiana (April 2015)
- “Gain a New Perspective of Pre-Trial Practice,” LSBA Annual Meeting (January 2015)
- “How Will the Changes to Insurance Impact Personal Injury Cases?,” National Business Institute's Affordable Care Act Seminar (December 2014)
- “What is This Thing and How Do I Turn It On? – The Young Lawyers Section Explains the Use of Technology in Litigation,” Combined LSBA Annual Meeting and LSBA/LJC Summer School (June 2013)
- “Gain a New Perspective of Pre-Trial Practice,” National Business Institute’s Seminar on Bad Faith Insurance Claims in Louisiana (April 2013)
- “Successful Courtroom Strategies,” National Business Institute’s Seminar on Bad Faith Insurance Claims in Louisiana (April 2013)
- “Subpoena Super Power: Navigating the Process,” New Orleans Paralegal Association Annual Education Seminar (September 2010)