Louisiana State University School of Law, J.D., 1996
Pennsylvania State University, B.A., 1991
International Society of Barristers, Fellow
Benchmark Litigation, Litigation Star
Louisiana Super Lawyers, since 2012
New Orleans CityBusiness,
Leadership in Law Award, 2012
New Orleans Magazine, Top Lawyers, 2017
President's Award, Louisiana State Bar Association
AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated in Martindale-Hubbell
Order of the Coif
Louisiana Law Review, Member
H. Minor Pipes, III is a founding member of the firm. He provides counsel in insurance coverage and bad faith litigation, construction law, general litigation, corporate litigation, and class actions. Since being admitted to the Bar, Minor has tried numerous cases to decision, in both state and federal courts. Minor was the lead negotiator for the defendants in the Global Settlement of a national class action involving eight hundred settling defendants – the matter of In re: Chinese Manufactured Drywall Products Liability Litigation (E.D. La. MDL No. 2047).
Minor has been recognized among the top 50 lawyers in the State of Louisiana by Louisiana Super Lawyers. He also has been recognized as a top lawyer by New Orleans Magazine, a leading lawyer in the city by Best Lawyers and New Orleans CityBusiness, and a “Litigation Star” by Benchmark Litigation.
- Lead negotiator for over 800 defendants in the national class action and global settlement of the Chinese Drywall Litigation.
- Successful defense of insurer, and recovery of millions of dollars of payments on its behalf, in coverage litigation trial involving claims in excess of $12 million arising from a FEMA trailer explosion.
- Lead counsel in the litigation and settlement of over 2500 hurricane cases for three separate insurance companies.
- Lead counsel for major insurers in hundreds of bad faith and compliance cases, and hundreds of coverage cases throughout Louisiana.
- Lead counsel for a major brick mason in numerous water intrusion cases involving multi-million dollar claims.
- Defense of pharmaceutical wholesaler in $12 million unfair trade practices case, resulting in a defense verdict, and full recovery on counter-claims.
- Successful representation of oil and gas drilling contractor in $600,000 FLSA claim, resulting in complete defense verdict.
Minor is a Fellow of the International Society of Barristers, Past President of the Louisiana Bar Foundation, Treasurer of the Louisiana State Bar Association, and a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association's Nominating Committee. Minor was selected as a member of the inaugural class of Leadership LSBA, working with leadership of the Louisiana State Bar Association on numerous projects to improve the legal profession. Minor currently serves as Co-Chair of the Louisiana State Bar Association Summer School Committee. His community involvement includes working with Trinity Episcopal School and numerous non-profits in the area.
- December 27, 2017
- November 13, 2017
- October 20, 2017
- September 29, 2017
- August 17, 2017
- May 30, 2017
- March 20, 2017
- January 6, 2017
- November 3, 2016
- August 15, 2016
- December 24, 2015
- November 5, 2015
- September 22, 2015
- August 17, 2015
- February 2, 2015
- January 12, 2015
- December 29, 2014
- November 25, 2014
- August 18, 2014
- January 2, 2014
- October 15, 2013
- August 15, 2013
Minor has made numerous presentations, including:
- "Settlement Negotiations: Breaking the Mold," Louisiana State Bar Association New York Multi-Topic Seminar, 2017
- "State Court is Broken. How Do We Fix It?," Louisiana State Bar Association Summer School, 2017
- "The Federal Practice Blues," Louisiana State Bar Association Summer School, 2015
- "Lawyers to Judges: Being the Best Judge you can be from the Lawyers' Perspective," Louisiana State Bar Association Summer School, 2015
- "A Primer and Update on Louisiana Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Law," Louisiana State Bar Association New York Multi-Topic CLE, 2014
- "Bad Faith Forum: A Panel Discussion with Views from the Policyholder and Insurer," Panelist, New Orleans Bar Association's Insurance Law CLE, 2014
- "Settling the Unsettleable Case – How Chinese Drywall Settled," Louisiana State Bar Association New York Multi-Topic CLE, 2012
- “Closing Argument,” CLE of Louisiana, 2012
- "Peremptory Challenges – Are They Still Needed?," CLE of Louisiana, 2009
- "Jury Selection Crisis – Batson: Should We Strike Peremptory Challenges?," Louisiana State Bar Association Summer School, 2009
- "Property Insurance in Louisiana – What We Learned in 3 Years of Litigation,” Louisiana State Bar Association Destination Disney Continuing Legal Education Program, 2009
- "Sher Post Mortem: Insurance Law Panel," CLE of Louisiana, 2008
- Stone Pigman Walther Wittmann, L.L.C.