Kelsey L. Meeks to Present at the National Business Institute's Advanced Insurance Bad Faith Seminar
On Wednesday, December 12th, Kelsey L. Meeks will be presenting at the National Business Institute’s Advanced Insurance Bad Faith Seminar. The seminar will take place at the Pan American Life Center in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Kelsey will be presenting on "Strategic Discovery of Claims Handling: Secrets Insurance Adjusters Don't Want You to Know" and "Bad Faith and Punitive Damages: Tactics to Maximize/Minimize."
Strategic Discovery of Claims Handling: Secrets Insurance Adjusters Don't Want You to Know
11:30 - 12:15, Written by Kelsey L. Meeks. Presented by Kelsey L. Meeks in New Orleans and Jeffery J. Waltz in Baton Rouge.
- Avoiding Payment of Claim
- Failure to Properly Investigate (Proper Procedures, etc.)
- Failure to Settle or Resolve Claim; Coercive Tactics to Settle the Claim
- Use of Improper Standards to Deny or Denial of Claim
- Unreasonable Demands for Proof of Loss
Bad Faith and Punitive Damages: Tactics to Maximize/Minimize
2:40 - 3:15, Written by Kelsey L. Meeks. Presented by Kelsey L. Meeks in New Orleans and E. Scott Hackenberg in Baton Rouge.
- Contract Damages
- Bad Faith Damages
- Economic Damage vs. Emotional Distress
- Attorneys' Fees
- Prejudgment Interest
- Punitive Damages
- Pleading the Case to Recover Punitive Damages
- Repeated Actions
- Intentional Malice, Trickery or Deceit
- Physical vs. Economic Harm
For more information or to register, please click here.
About Barrasso Usdin Kupperman Freeman & Sarver, L.L.C.
Barrasso Usdin Kupperman Freeman & Sarver, L.L.C., is a litigation law firm located in New Orleans, Louisiana. The Firm has experience litigating complex civil cases throughout the country, including all types of commercial disputes, class actions, environmental cases, product liability and toxic tort cases, intellectual property cases, insurance bad faith and coverage cases, and securities arbitrations, litigation, and regulatory matters.