Tulane University Law School, J.D., Cum Laude, 2003
University of Pennsylvania, B.A., Cum Laude, 1999
Benchmark Litigation, Under 40 Hot List, 2016
Louisiana Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2014-2017
New Orleans CityBusiness, Leadership in Law Award, 2015
Order of Barristers
Tulane Moot Court Board, Judges Chair
Tulane Moot Court Trial Team, National Finalist
- New York
Jamie L. Berger is a member of the firm, and serves as the firm’s hiring partner. She practices in all aspects of complex litigation. Jamie has litigated, arbitrated, and advised clients in a variety of areas, including securities, corporate governance, contract disputes, and government and regulatory investigations. Her clients come from a range of industries, including finance, banking, brokerage, energy, communications, transportation, entertainment, and real estate.
Jamie received her Bachelor of Arts from the University of Pennsylvania and her Juris Doctor from Tulane University Law School, where she served as a chairperson of the Tulane Moot Court Board, was a regional winner and national finalist on the Moot Court trial team, and graduated with Order of Barristers distinction. She is licensed in both Louisiana and New York and is admitted to practice before all of the federal District Courts of Louisiana, the Eastern and Western District Courts of New York, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court.
She serves as an adjunct professor of Trial Advocacy at Tulane Law School, and is a faculty member for the National Institute for Trial Advocacy’s (NITA) “Deposition Skills” Program. Jamie has been selected repeatedly as a “Rising Star” by Louisiana Super Lawyers, and she was recently named to Benchmark Litigation’s inaugural "Under 40 Hot List" for 2016. Jamie was presented the New Orleans CityBusiness “Leadership in Law Award” for 2015.
Represents large oil and gas company in a mass tort action in which plaintiffs alleged damage to crawfishing harvest as a result of decades of oil and gas-related activities in the Atchafalaya Basin. Succeeded in having all claims against client dismissed through motions to dismiss and summary judgment.
- Represented broker-dealer in numerous customer complaints, most resulting in dismissal of all claims. Arbitration hearings took place in Tennessee, Colorado, Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, and Arkansas.
- Represented broker-dealer in seeking and obtaining numerous injunctions barring arbitration of non-customer cases in several United States District Courts, including those in the Western District of Washington, District of Maryland, and the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Represented large oil and gas exploration and production company in compelling multi-party arbitration and successfully argued for significant award of attorneys’ fees.
- Represented official committees of unsecured creditors in Chapter 11 bankruptcy in New York, regarding valuation of assets sold by debtors.
- Prosecuted and defended fraudulent conveyance actions in Chapter 11 bankruptcies in Delaware and Florida.
- Litigation victory in the United States District Court for Southern District of New York on behalf of a multibillion-dollar investment fund client in dismissal of securities fraud and other contract claims based on forum non conveniens involving Bahamian and Cayman incorporated funds.
- Successfully defended pro bono client in a custody dispute, obtaining full parental custody for minor’s father.
Jamie is active in the community. She serves as an adjunct professor of Trial Advocacy at Tulane Law School, and a faculty member for the National Institute for Trial Advocacy’s (NITA) “Deposition Skills” Program. She also serves on the Advisory Board of the Anti-Defamation League (South Central Region), and was selected to receive the 2012 Barney Mintz New Leadership Award for her work with the ADL. Jamie conducts admissions interviews for the University of Pennsylvania.
- January 6, 2017
- August 8, 2016
- December 24, 2015
- January 12, 2015
- December 29, 2014
- August 7, 2014
- April 22, 2014
- January 2, 2014
- January 10, 2013
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, New York, New York