Tulane University Law School, J.D., Cum Laude, 2003
University of Pennsylvania, B.A., Cum Laude, 1999
Benchmark Litigation, Under 40 Hot List, 2016
Louisiana Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2014-2017
New Orleans CityBusiness, Leadership in Law Award, 2015
Order of Barristers
Tulane Moot Court Board, Judges Chair
Tulane Moot Court Trial Team, National Finalist
- New York
Jamie L. Berger is a member of the firm, and serves as the firm’s hiring partner. She practices in all aspects of complex litigation. Jamie has litigated, arbitrated, and advised clients in a variety of areas, including securities, corporate governance, contract disputes, and government and regulatory investigations. Her clients come from a range of industries, including finance, banking, brokerage, energy, oil and gas, communications, transportation, entertainment, construction, and real estate. Her work in the securities area regularly includes representing institutional clients and individuals before regulatory bodies, including the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
She serves as an adjunct professor of Trial Advocacy at Tulane Law School, and a faculty member for the National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA). Jamie has been selected repeatedly as a “Rising Star” by Louisiana Super Lawyers, and she was recently named to Benchmark Litigation’s inaugural “Under 40 Hot List” for 2016. Jamie was presented the New Orleans CityBusiness “Leadership in Law Award” for 2015. She also serves on the Advisory Board of the Anti-Defamation League (South Central Region), and regularly conducts admissions interviews for the University of Pennsylvania.
Jamie received her Bachelor of Arts from the University of Pennsylvania and her Juris Doctor from Tulane University Law School, where she served as a chairperson of the Tulane Moot Court Board, was a regional winner and national finalist on the Moot Court trial team, and graduated with Order of Barristers distinction. She is licensed in both Louisiana and New York and is admitted to practice before all of the federal District Courts of Louisiana, the Eastern and Western District Courts of New York, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court.
Prior to joining the firm, Jamie practiced in the litigation group of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, in New York.
- Representing broker-dealer in complex securities litigation in federal court arising out of failed hedge funds with approximately $300 – $400 million in claims.
- Representing public company in maritime arbitration involving multi-million dollar dispute over the construction of two offshore service vessels.
- Represented large broker-dealer in multiple FINRA arbitrations nationwide arising from six high-yield bond funds that sustained massive losses during the 2007-2008 market crash.
- Represented broker-dealer in seeking and obtaining numerous injunctions barring arbitration of non-customer cases in several United States District Courts, including those in the Western District of Washington, District of Maryland, and the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Represented large oil and gas company in a mass tort action in which plaintiffs alleged damage to crawfishing harvest as a result of decades of oil and gas-related activities in the Atchafalaya Basin. Succeeded in having all claims against client dismissed through motions to dismiss and summary judgment.
- Represented large oil and gas exploration and production company in compelling multi-party arbitration and successfully argued for significant award of attorneys’ fees.
- Litigation victory in the United States District Court for Southern District of New York on behalf of a multibillion-dollar investment fund client in dismissal of securities fraud and other contract claims based on forum non conveniens involving Bahamian and Cayman incorporated funds.
- Successfully defended pro bono client in a custody dispute, obtaining full parental custody for minor’s father.
- January 6, 2017
- August 8, 2016
- December 24, 2015
- January 12, 2015
- December 29, 2014
- August 7, 2014
- April 22, 2014
- January 2, 2014
- January 10, 2013
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, New York, New York