- Law Clerk to the Honorable Henry A. Politz, Chief Judge, United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
Tulane University Law School, J.D., Summa Cum Laude, 1996
Amherst College, B.A., Cum Laude, 1992
Chambers USA, Litigation: General Commercial, 2021
Benchmark Litigation, Litigation Star since 2015
The Best Lawyers in America, since 2018
Lexology Client Choice Award, 2019
New Orleans CityBusiness, Leading Lawyer
New Orleans CityBusiness,
Leadership in Law Award, 2013
New Orleans Magazine, Top Lawyers
- District of Columbia
- New York
Craig serves as the firm's managing partner. He is a trial and appellate lawyer focusing on complex litigation matters, including commercial disputes, mass and toxic torts, environmental, product liability and securities matters. Craig has extensive trial experience in high-stakes litigation—trying jury and bench trials in Louisiana and across the country. He has tried a significant Clean Water Act case against the Department of Justice, dozens of toxic tort trials involving hundreds of plaintiffs, and a variety of complex commercial matters. He has represented clients in many different industries, including chemical, oil and gas, financial, agricultural, pharmaceutical, and consumer products.
- Trial counsel for major refining company against United States in first-ever trial for civil penalties under the Oil Pollution Act amendments to the Clean Water Act.
- Trial counsel for major refining company defending over 1000 personal injury, property damage and business interruption claims arising out of oil spill.
- Representing industrial gas company in multi-million dollar breach-of-contract suit.
- Representing major oil and gas companies in oil field litigation.
- Defense of welding rod manufacturers in multi-district product liability litigation in Cleveland, Ohio and state court proceedings, resulting in five complete defense verdicts in jury trials.
- Representing major pipeline company in oil spill litigation related to homeowner property claims in Utah.
- Defense of drug manufacturer in state court proceeding regarding drug pricing claims brought by State of Louisiana.
- Representing accounting firm in $100 million lawsuit brought by statewide retirement funds.
Craig also is actively involved in professional and civic activities. He previously served on the Board of Directors of the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, and as chair of the New Orleans Bar Association’s Committee on Environmental Law and Toxic Torts. Craig has taught Trial Advocacy at Tulane University Law School and at the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel’s Trial Academy.
- May 21, 2021
- August 20, 2020
- January 31, 2020
- October 8, 2019
- August 15, 2019
- March 1, 2019
- November 14, 2018
- October 1, 2018
- August 15, 2018
- September 29, 2017
- August 17, 2017
- January 6, 2017
- September 7, 2016
- December 24, 2015
- November 5, 2015
- February 2, 2015
- December 29, 2014
- December 19, 2014
- January 2, 2014
- Mayer Brown, Washington, D.C.
- Sullivan & Cromwell, London, England