- Law Clerk to the Honorable Stephen A. Higginson, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Sarah S. Vance, United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
Tulane University Law School, J.D., Summa Cum Laude, 2015
Louisiana State University, B.A., Magna Cum Laude, 2012
Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, 2021
Tulane University Law School Faculty Medal
Tulane University Law School Dean’s Medal
Tulane Law Review, Associate Editor (Volume 89) and Member (Volume 88)
Order of the Coif
LSBA Civil Law Award
Chloé M. Chetta’s practice focuses on complex and commercial litigation, including toxic tort/environmental law, securities and financial industry litigation, employment law, constitutional law, and insurance coverage and bad faith. Chloé has been peer-selected among "Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch" for her commercial and appellate work and has been recognized by New Orleans CityBusiness magazine as “One to Watch.”
Before joining the firm, Chloé served as a law clerk to the Honorable Stephen A. Higginson of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and as a law clerk to the Honorable Sarah S. Vance of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana and the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation.
While in law school, Chloé worked as a research assistant for Professor A.N. Yiannopoulos, editing his fifth and final edition of the Louisiana Civil Law Treatise’s volume on property law, and for Professor Gabriel Feldman, focusing primarily on federal antitrust issues. After graduation, Chloé served as a junior member of the Louisiana State Law Institute.
- Successfully appealed to the Louisiana Supreme Court unique procedural and substantive constitutional issues surrounding federal due process-based recusals as they relate to campaign activities of publicly elected state-court judges, leading the Court to unanimously reverse the challenged appellate court decision.
- Successfully appealed to Mississippi Supreme Court on extraordinary interlocutory review and obtained reversal and vacatur on two complex, but underdeveloped, procedural issues of non-random case reassignment and references to special masters under Mississippi law.
- Successfully defended a financial advisor against fiduciary duty, contract, and securities claims in a succession dispute by heirs seeking to be named inheritance beneficiaries, obtaining pre-discovery dismissal of all claims with prejudice.
- Successfully obtained federal court temporary restraining order, without notice, preventing the wrongful termination, bad-faith breach of contract, and defamation of a financial advisor against his former firm before negotiating a favorable resolution of all claim.
- Successfully defended on appeal district court ruling in commercial insurance tower dispute, leading court of appeal to adopt a novel causation theory for interpreting occurrence language in commercial liability policies.
Chloé is a Board Member and Committee Chair for the Younger Lawyers Division of the Federal Bar Association's New Orleans Chapter, and she serves as the President of the Tulane Law Review Alumni Association. Chloé also maintains a strong pro bono practice, representing indigent and pro se litigants in federal court and providing appellate consulting to non-profit and public interest organizations.
- May 12, 2021
- February 19, 2021
- January 12, 2021
- August 20, 2020
- May 27, 2020
- May 9, 2019
- October 22, 2018
- October 9, 2017
- “Divining the Real Nature of Real Obligations,” 92 Tulane Law Review 127 (2017) (with L. David Cromwell)
- Comment, “The '100-Mile Colonial Leash': The Durability of the Federal Subpoena Rule in Twenty-First Century Multidistrict Litigation,” 89 Tulane Law Review 277 (2014)
- "Third Annual Removal and Remand Boot Camp," New Orleans Bar Association CLE (May 12, 2021)
“10 Simple Rules for Success in Federal Practice,” Federal Bar Association’s Annual Malcolm Monroe Federal Practice Seminar (January 13, 2021)
- “Second Annual Removal and Remand Boot Camp,” New Orleans Bar Association CLE (May 28, 2020)
- “The Younger Lawyer’s Guide to Practicing in State and Federal Court,” New Orleans Bar Association's Big Easy Bootcamp (October 29, 2019)
- “Removal and Remand Updates,” New Orleans Bar Association CLE (May 15, 2019)
- “The Winning (Electronic) Brief,” DRI Toxic Torts and Environmental Law Seminar (March 15, 2019)
- “The Younger Lawyer’s Guide to Practicing in State and Federal Court,” New Orleans Bar Association's Big Easy Bootcamp (October 25, 2018)