- Law Clerk to the Honorable Rhesa Barksdale, United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, Jackson, MS
University of Virginia School of Law, J. D., 2008
Stanford University, B.A., 2004
Benchmark Litigation, 40 & Under Hot List, 2018, 2019
The Best Lawyers in America, 2021
Louisiana Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2018-2020
Virginia Journal of International Law, Member
- New York
Kyle W. Siegel maintains a practice focused on complex litigation, with substantial work in products liability and toxic torts cases both in Louisiana and jurisdictions across the country. She has represented clients across a variety of industries, including medical device, pharmaceuticals, oil and gas, and consumer products. Kyle has significant mass tort and multidistrict litigation jury trial experience, playing an integral role in five bellwether trial teams representing major pharmaceutical and medical device companies. She has prepared numerous experts for deposition and trial testimony in disciplines such as toxicology, pathology, orthopedic surgery, and biomechanical engineering. Kyle has also participated in several bench trials on toxic tort claims, and developed experts on land loss, geology, and environmental risk assessment issues in energy litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Kyle worked as a litigation associate at Latham & Watkins in New York, focusing primarily on securities litigation, government investigations, and white collar defense. Kyle received her Bachelor of Arts degree from Stanford University and her Juris Doctor from University of Virginia School of Law.
Kyle has been recognized by Louisiana Super Lawyers as a Rising Star, by The Best Lawyers in America for Commercial Litigation and Product Liability Litigation, and has been named to Benchmark Litigation’s 40 & Under Hot List for 2018 and 2019.
- Defense of medical device manufacturer in federal multi-district litigation involving hip implant device. Obtained a defense verdict in first bellwether trial following an eight-week jury trial.
- Defense of pharmaceutical drug manufacturer in an MDL bellwether that was tried to a jury and resulted in a defense verdict.
- Representing national retailers in products liability and mass torts litigation in the pharmaceutical and consumer products industries.
- Trial counsel for major refining company in defending over 1000 personal injury, property damage and business interruption claims arising out of oil spill.
- Representing major oil and gas companies in oil field litigation.
- December 28, 2020
- August 20, 2020
- January 15, 2020
- September 2, 2019
- March 1, 2019
- December 28, 2018
- July 2, 2018
- December 27, 2017
- August 4, 2017
- “Debt Buyers’ Abuse of Louisiana Courts Creates Problems for Consumers,” 63 Louisiana Bar Journal 335 (2016) (co-author)
- Latham & Watkins, L.L.P., New York, NY