- Law Clerk to the Honorable Judge Susie Morgan, United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center, J.D., magna cum laude, 2013
University of Mary Washington, B.S., B.A., 2010
The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch, 2021
Order of the Coif
Louisiana Law Review, Senior Associate
LSU Law Faculty Merit Scholarship Recipient
Chevron Energy Scholarship Recipient
Chesapeake Energy Scholarship Recipient
Laurence “Lon” D. LeSueur, Jr.’s diverse litigation practice includes representing clients in complex commercial disputes, insurance coverage and bad faith cases, and securities matters. He has experience litigating class actions, shareholder derivative claims, intellectual property actions, contract disputes, as well as products liability and environmental/toxic tort matters. In addition to appearing before arbitration bodies, Lon has experience in state and federal courts in Louisiana, Texas and Mississippi.
Prior to joining the firm, Lon served as a law clerk to the Honorable Susie Morgan of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana. He received his Juris Doctor magna cum laude from the Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University. While at LSU Law, Lon served as a Senior Associate of the Louisiana Law Review.
- Successfully represented insurance company in $40+ million coverage dispute arising out of failed hospital pension fund; obtained reversal by U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of unfavorable district court ruling.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment in favor of oil and gas transmission company in property damage litigation; U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed the ruling.
- Representing directors of Fortune 500 Company in internal investigation and derivative lawsuits that are part of Multi-District Litigation (MDL).
- Successfully represented television production company in commercial dispute, obtaining dismissal of claims for defamation, trespass, breach of contract, disgorgement of profits, unfair trade practices, punitive damages, and attorneys’ fees.
- Successful representation of foreign shipbuilder, obtaining dismissal of claims for antitrust violations and breach of contract.
- Member of trial team defending major refining company against numerous personal injury claims arising out of oil spill.
- Defended insurance companies in various coverage disputes arising out of commercial disputes, pollution events, property damage, and personal injuries.
- Conducted internal investigation of $800 million, privately-held Louisiana company regarding alleged fraud and corporate waste.
- Defended construction payment platform software company against claims for copyright infringement, unfair trade practices, fraud and breach of contract.
- Defended restaurant group against claims for misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of contract, and unfair trade practices.
- Represented juvenile in Special Immigration Juvenile Status (SJIS) proceedings.
- Representing indigent criminal defendant in state post-conviction relief proceedings.
In addition to his practice, Lon is also active in professional and community organizations. He is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association and the New Orleans Bar Association, and served as a Junior Member of the Louisiana State Law Institute.