- Columbia Law School, J.D., 2013
- Vassar College, B.A., 2008
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, 2021
- Columbia Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Columbia Journal of Transnational Law, Notes Editor and Staff Member
- Columbia Foundation Moot Court Program, Student Judge and Editor
- New York
Shaun P. McFall’s practice focuses on complex litigation matters. His experience includes antitrust actions, bankruptcy litigation, class actions, complex commercial disputes, products liability, securities litigation and toxic tort matters. Additionally, Shaun has experience representing financial institutions during investigations by regulatory authorities including the SEC and FINRA. Most recently, Shaun participated in a multiweek jury trial in defense of a medical device manufacturer and was a member of two trial teams that secured defense verdicts on behalf of one of the firm’s pharmaceutical clients in multidistrict bellwether trials. He was also involved in the firm’s representation of a national broker-dealer parent and several affiliates in federal securities litigation arising out of a failed hedge fund.
Shaun received his law degree from Columbia Law School, where he was an editor of the Columbia Journal of Transnational Law and served as a student judge and editor of the Foundation Moot Court Program. Prior to joining the firm, Shaun was an associate at Sidley Austin LLP in New York.
- Member of team that tried two multi-week federal MDL bellwether trials for pharmaceutical manufacturer. Each case was tried to a jury and each resulted in a defense verdict.
- Member of team that tried two multi-week jury trials on behalf of medical device manufacturer in state consolidated proceeding. Each matter settled before verdict.
- Represented independent oil and gas company in eight-figure appeal before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- Represented claimants in appeals before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit on claims relating to the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Local counsel for major producer of agricultural products in multiple Louisiana cases relating to closely-watched MDL.
- Member of trial team that defended major refining company defending against numerous personal injury property damage and business interruption claims arising out of oil spill.
- Represented broker-dealer in complex securities litigation in federal district court arising out of failed hedge funds with over $300 million in claims.
- Sidley Austin LLP, New York, NY