Barrasso Usdin Ranked as Leading Firm in Louisiana by Chambers USA
We are pleased to announce that Barrasso Usdin has been named by Chambers USA as a top tier firm in Louisiana for commercial litigation for the sixteenth year in a row. In the 2019 edition, Chambers USA describes the firm as a “Dominant litigation boutique fielding an elite team able to handle a broad range of disputes, including insurance, product liability and securities cases. Frequently called on to handle bad faith cases. Also offers significant expertise in financial regulations, including defending against enforcement proceedings. Sector expertise covers chemicals, energy and pharmaceuticals. Also has a sizable client base of major insurance companies.”
For the firm's strengths, Chambers USA included the following:
- A peer says: "My work with that firm was the best collegial experience of my career. I was safe in the knowledge that everything would be done perfectly on their end. It was a wonderful experience."
- A client says: "These are the best insurance lawyers I know in Louisiana."
- A client says: "They are very strategic litigators able to advise on really obscure regulatory issues."
Practice Area where firm was ranked in Band 1 of leading firms in Louisiana:
In addition to the Firm’s ranking, seven members were ranked as leading individuals:
- Judy Barrasso: General Commercial Litigation - Louisiana
- Celeste Coco-Ewing: General Commercial Litigation - Louisiana
- George C. Freeman, III: Securities Litigation - Louisiana and General Commercial Litigation - Louisiana
- Stephen H. Kupperman: Securities Litigation - Louisiana
- Minor Pipes, III: General Commercial Litigation - Louisiana
- Richard E. Sarver: Nationwide Product Liability & Mass Torts
- Steven W. Usdin: General Commercial Litigation - Louisiana
Chambers USA produces an annual guide ranking leading law firms and lawyers across a wide range of practice areas. According to its website, Chambers selects attorneys based on thousands of interviews and in-depth research and evaluations focusing on qualities generally desired in attorneys and law firms, including technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, and commitment. Click here to be redirected to the Chambers USA rankings.
About Barrasso Usdin Kupperman Freeman & Sarver, L.L.C.
Barrasso Usdin Kupperman Freeman & Sarver, L.L.C., is a litigation law firm located in New Orleans, Louisiana. The Firm has experience litigating complex civil cases throughout the country, including all types of commercial disputes, class actions, environmental cases, product liability and toxic tort cases, intellectual property cases, insurance bad faith and coverage cases, and securities arbitrations, litigation, and regulatory matters.