Barrasso Usdin Ranked as Top Tier Firm by Chambers USA and 7 Partners Recognized
We are pleased to announce that Barrasso Usdin has been named by Chambers USA as a top tier firm in Louisiana for commercial litigation for the eighteenth year in a row. The firm has also been ranked in the top tier for Securities Litigation. In the 2021 edition, Chambers USA describes the firm as a “Dominant litigation boutique fielding an elite team able to handle a broad range of disputes, including insurance, product liability and securities cases. Frequently called on to handle bad faith cases. Also offers significant expertise in financial regulations, including defending against enforcement proceedings. Sector expertise covers chemicals, energy and pharmaceuticals. Also has a sizable client base of major insurance companies."
For the firm's strengths, Chambers USA included the following:
- "It's a very good team with a strong bench," reports one interviewee.
- Another interviewee says: "Barrasso is known for their trial skills and I wholeheartedly endorse them. They don't stand on formalities, they just want to get the job done."
Practice Area where firm was ranked in Band 1 of leading firms in Louisiana:
In addition to the Firm’s ranking, seven members were ranked as leading individuals:
- Judy Y. Barrasso: General Commercial Litigation - Louisiana
- Jamie L. Berger: Securities Litigation - Louisiana
- George C. Freeman, III: Securities Litigation - Louisiana
- Craig Isenberg: General Commercial Litigation - Louisiana
- Stephen H. Kupperman: Securities Litigation - Louisiana and General Commercial Litigation - Louisiana
- Richard E. Sarver: Nationwide Product Liability & Mass Torts and General Commercial Litigation - Louisiana
- Steven W. Usdin: General Commercial Litigation - Louisiana
Chambers USA produces an annual guide ranking leading law firms and lawyers across a wide range of practice areas. According to its website, Chambers selects attorneys based on thousands of interviews and in-depth research and evaluations focusing on qualities generally desired in attorneys and law firms, including technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, and commitment. Click here to be redirected to the Chambers USA rankings.
About Barrasso Usdin Kupperman Freeman & Sarver, L.L.C.
Barrasso Usdin Kupperman Freeman & Sarver, L.L.C., is a litigation law firm located in New Orleans, Louisiana. The Firm has experience litigating complex civil cases throughout the country, including all types of commercial disputes, class actions, environmental cases, product liability and toxic tort cases, intellectual property cases, insurance bad faith and coverage cases, and securities arbitrations, litigation, and regulatory matters.